Welcome to our website!
History & mission
Our organization - Azerbaijani Hungarian Youth Union (AHYU) was established in December 6, 2012, by active representatives of Hungarian and Azerbaijani youth working and studying in Hungary. Our main goal serves for improving Azerbaijani-Hungarian relations on youth level by creating and promoting youth to youth communication. We are non-political youth organization and our events are about integration of youth from both countries and raise awareness about Hungary in Azerbaijan and vice versa.
We organize the following events and meetings in both Azerbaijan and Hungary:
- cultural events to increase awareness about the rich heritage of both countries;
- conferences to facilitate cross-country scientific cooperation;
- education fairs to promote Hungarian and Azerbaijani universities abroad;
- networking events for Azerbaijani and Hungarian specialists working on different fields (economists, journalists, NGO activists, etc.) and help them to exchange their experiences and ideas, as well as collaboration opportunities;
- business meetings between young entrepreneurs from both countries;
- summer schools and winter schools;
- international youth exchange events, etc.
We have active members from Azerbaijan and Hungary, as well as from other nations who are volunteering for our success besides their outstanding personal career. Here are the most notable ones:
- Ibrahim Safarli, Chairman at AHYU, Trainee at European Parliament, Marketing Consultant;
- Zsolt Kelliar, Recruitment Expert at AHYU, CEO of GWS hub and SSC Heros;
- Rashad Mehbaliyev, Deputy Chairman and Board Member at AHYU, Co-Founder & CFO at JoinB2B (www.joinb2b.com);
- Georgina Bernath, Board Member at AHYU, Foreign Relation Adviser at the National Assembly of Hungary (Parliament);
- Narmin Bashirzade, Board Member of AHYU, Financial Analyst at Schneider Electric;
- István Döbrei, Project Manager at AHYU, Sales Director at Cirko Expert;
- Murad Aslanli, Board Member at AHYU, Finance Intern at General Electric Global Operations Center;
- Kristof Kovacs, lawyer of AHYU;
- Ramil Azmammadov, Board Member at AHYU, Founder of Sericovia and Project Manager at AzerSun;
- Pawel Goralski, Promotion Manager (Azerbaijan) at AHYU, The 3rd Party Information Security Coordinator at Citibank;
- Aliagha Aghayev, Board Member at AHYU, the BA student at the University of Szeged;
- Jozsef Kadar, Energy and Environmental Expert at AHYU;
- Vusal Aghalarov, Project Coordinator at AHYU, expert at Residency in Hungary;
- Alpar Kato, Relationship Manager at AHYU, Manager at Daily News Hungary (www.dailynewshungary.com);
- Chingiz Mehbaliyev, Local Manager of AHYU in Azerbaijan, Managing Director of Study in Hungary;
- Petra Kiss, Cultural Relationship Manager at AHYU, Piano Teacher in the American International School Salzburg;
- Ramiz Aliyev, Local Project Manager in Azerbaijan, the Chairman of
- Gergely Domokos - Creativity Manager at AHYU, owner of Domokos & Partners;
- Hakim Alasgarov, International Affairs Manager at AHYU, Researcher at the The Institute for Development of Freedom of Information (IDFI) in Tbilisi, Georgia;
- Peter Kovacs, Regional Leader of AHYU in Western Hungary, Logistics Professional at Denso Manufacturing Hungary;
- Fuad Rahimli, Event Manager at AHYU;
- Kristof Török, Energy and Industrial Policy Expert at AHYU;
- Royal Ismayilov, Coordinator of European Projects at AHYU.
The biggest past projects
- Classical concert (April 29, 2013). Both Azerbaijani and Hungarian pianists played musics from well-known composers of our brotherly countries such as Liszt Ferenc, Uzeyir Hajibayov, etc. More info: http://www.azernews.az/culture/53142.html
- “Azerbaijan Tourism Days in Hungary” (November 21–22, 2014). The opening speeches were made by his Excellency Vilayat Guliyev, the Ambassador of Azerbaijan in Hungary and Márton Gyöngyösi, the Chairman of the Hungary-Azerbaijan Inter-parliamentary Friendship Group in the Hungarian Parliament. More info: http://dailynewshungary.com/the-event-azerbaijan-tourism-days-in-hungary-was-successfully-organized/
- “Integration of Azerbaijani people living in Hungary into the community” (June 1-3, 2018) for Azerbaijanis living in different parts of Hungary (mainly Budapest, Debrecen, Szeged, Pécs, Dunaújváros, Miskolc and Gödöllő). The event was organized in 4 different locations across Budapest and total more than 60 participants directly benefited from this event. More info: https://dailynewshungary.com/friendly-faces-at-the-azerbaijani-hungarian-youth-union-integration-event
AHYU cooperates with “Study in Hungary” for increasing the awareness of the Azerbaijani youth about education opportunities in Hungary. You can see our banner on the project website: www.study-hungary.com.